Monday, March 1, 2010

Liar, Liar

I have thought about what it would be like to be able to simply tell the whole truth...uncensored for a day or even a week. The catch is, there would be no repercussions to said truth-telling in my little fantasy. It would not be about being cruel or unkind, but simply about allowing oneself, or giving oneself permission to say what needs to be said.

Oh yes, movies have been made about this. I am still waiting to see The Invention of Lying. I hear it is quite good. I did enjoy Liar, Liar.

I feel that so much goes unsaid by only a few. Some people say what they need to and so are in a better position, whether it be health wise or inter personally or job wise. Then there are those who, for whatever reason, whether new at a job, shy, afraid to upset others, too polite, I could go on, but you fill it in, do not say what they need to or ask the questions that they should and then end up resentful.

OK, fine, I have been in that position, but that is not the point....Ok, it might be my original, personal point, but for these purposes, I wondered what it would be like, not just for me in my life, but the bigger picture.

As I sit at this computer and ponder this thought, I realize that perhaps more bad than good would be the result. Yes, yes, I know we censor for a reason. I realize that. I did not mean telling people that they looked fat in their clothes, etc., but where would you draw the line. One person would find that unkind while another would think that helpful and being a good friend. Chaos would be the result.

I know.

Life's lessons. Right in front of us.

No comments: